Tuesday 28 July 2009

Is Running Bad for You?

I was out at lunchtime in the sun/rain/sun/rain ... and it was hard/painful both physically and mentally ("I feel so tired, I just have to stop"). Maybe it was the coach who tried too do too many reps too quickly?

Anyway I love running, but is it good for me?

Pros:
Fresh air
Outdoors
Exercise buzz
Uses calories so I can eat more
Helps me live longer (supposedly)

Cons:
Damage to joints (but I don't really run that far).
Injury
Other stuff?

All this waffle is an introduction to an interesting article I've just seen in the BBC online Magazine - Could jogging be bad for you?

Please read, including the comments at the end, then add your own comments to this post.

Happy, healthy harriering.

1 comment:

  1. Do everthing in moderation.
    Getting out at lunchtime and a break away from work has to be of benefit. Certainly beats vegetating at my desk or in the canteen!

    ReplyDelete